Have you ever taken the time to actually write down your one, three, or five-year plans?
I write these plans and goals in the form of letters to myself. It helps me visualize what I’m working towards and break my big goals down into quarterly goals that keep moving me forward.
In this episode, I’m sharing the templates of these letters so that you can use them to write down your own one, three, or five-year plans. When you’re finished with your letters, you’ll have a clear picture of your life three or five years from now and a plan to get there.
In the last episode, we talked about mission, vision, and values. In this episode, we’re taking a deeper dive into the “vision” portion, and creating a plan to help you achieve your vision for the future.
Topics We’re Covering in This Episode:
- Why I write my three, five, and one-year plans as letters
- Picturing your life in the future
- Thinking about goals in multiple areas of your life, not just business
- How to talk to your significant other about your plans
- Breaking down your three-year goals into one-year goals
- Referring back to your letter throughout the year
- How to create a plan to reach each of your goals
- Using goal cards to stay focused
Take some time this week to sit down and write your three-year plan and then your one-year plan, and see how it feels. Then think about what you can turn into quarterly goals to start working towards those plans.
If you haven’t already, find me over on social media and say hi! I’d love to connect with you, learn about your business, and find out what you want to hear more of on the podcast.
Where We Can Connect:
Follow & Review:
Are you following the Design Your Wedding Business podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes. I would also appreciate it if you would leave me a review on Apple and Spotify! I read each of them, and they help me make sure I am providing the content that you love to hear!